Time for Switzerland!
Every year I have the amazing opportunity to play a tour of solo recitals in Switzerland. With its prime location in the heart of Europe, Switzerland is a focal point of culture and refinement.
Why do I like to play in Switzerland?
- The audiences are well informed, which makes playing interesting and challenging. I love this challenge, it makes me want to offer new insights, new ideas and a fresh interpretation of my concert repertoire.
- They are interested in innovative programming – which in turn is extremely important to me. Some of my more eclectic programming ideas seem to be very well received.
- Instrument maintenance is taken very seriously, which is a major draw. Playing on a good instrument can make all the difference. The better the sound and action, the more inspiring the instrument will be, which is the point, when magic happens.
- Artists are appreciated as artists, which makes me feel very welcome!
- And last but not least, concert travel is easy and reliable. Getting from venue to venue is a breeze, and many train rides offer absolutely stunning views.
No wonder why many great musicians have made Switzerland their home over the past centuries - even now.
The concert tour will feature some of the works from my newly recorded album, Venezia e Napoli. I hope you enjoy it!
For a quick impression of the stunning natural beauty of Switzerland take a look at the wonderful photographic artistry of my Swiss friend Edi.